Conference > 2008 Report

2008 Conference Report

Yellowstone Historic Center

West Yellowstone, Montana

June, 2008

Conference Report

In June of 2008, the Yellowstone Historic Center in West Yellowstone, Montana celebrated the 100th anniversary of the first passenger train to the west entrance of Yellowstone Park.

There were many special attraction with everything from authentic "out-west" chuck wagon dinners to well-known speakers, who spoke on many different historical subjects. In addition, there was a wonderful stage coach display that was put on by the National Stagecoach and Freight Wagon Association. The event was very well attended even though the area suffered through the last snow storm of the season.

The stage coach display consisted of 15 different styles of coaches that were on loan from a wide variety of organizations and individuals, from across the western part of the United States.

Obviously the Yellowstone coaches were well represented, including coaches with seating capacities of 3, 8, 11, 17, and 25 passengers. The "work horse" coaches, the mud wagons or mail coaches were also handsomely interpreted. A little different angle of the west was a coach that was not historic, but was made especially for movies as a prop. The stagecoach display was a huge success based upon the large amount of time people spent studying the different coaches and asking questions.

The stagecoach display was sanctioned and interpreted by the National Stagecoach and Freight Wagon Association.

Image Gallery

These images are from the 2008 Conference at the Yellowstone Historic Center in West Yellowstone, Montana.

2008 Conference
2008 Conference
2008 Conference
2008 Conference
2008 Conference
2008 Conference
2008 Conference
 

Image Galleries

2010 Conference Gallery

freight team

Stagecoach

See more photos in the 2010 Conference Gallery

Vehicle Gallery

freight team

Wells Fargo Stagecoach

See more photos in the Vehicle Gallery

Historic Gallery

freight team

1885 Deadwood Stagecoach

See more photos in the Historic Gallery